As an Estimator, you work collaboratively with Sales, Project Management, Engineering and Field Staff to provide a detailed estimate of all labor and materials required to complete the Scope of Work for custom unitized curtain wall projects. Estimators analyze details of each potential project and incorporates lessons learned from previous projects to generate competitive bids. Estimators are also responsible for submitting all bid documents in accordance with client requirements.
Minimal travel required.
- Completes material takeoffs for potential projects and submits to suppliers for quotation
- Thoroughly reviews bid packages and analyzes scope of work
- Completes final bidding documents with material and labor pricing
- Develops relationships with suppliers to stay up-to-date on new products and practices
- Works with Engineering as needed to ensure the proposed and/or specified systems meet the required design criteria
- Work with Project Managers to price Bulletins and Change Orders as necessary
- Act as a resource for the Project Management and Engineering teams when questions arise
- Complete a turnover document for each project that is sold
- Adheres to company processes and standards
- Communicates in a timely manner with Sales Manager, Vendors, and Clients to ensure bids are accurate and on-time
- Requests information and asks questions as necessary to complete assignments
- Demonstrates an understanding of what information is necessary to communicate to others and does so in a timely manner using the appropriate medium (phone, email, face-to-face meeting, etc.).
- Provides information to project stakeholders proactively and as requested.
- Ensures a mutual understanding of project expectations
- Meets agreed project milestones
- Ensures completed work is thorough (clear, complete and accurate), free of errors, timely, and meets requirements
- Attendance and punctuality consistently maintained and follows correct procedure for notification
- Embraces continuous improvements and quickly adapts to incorporate improvements successfully
- Uses work time appropriately for work activities
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic by his/her actions and sets an example for others to emulate
- Consistently demonstrates a positive attitude even under pressure, deals calmly with stressful situations.
- Promotes positive image of company
- Respectful, tactful, diplomatic and courteous when interacting with others
- Takes initiative
- Holds self and team accountable and honors commitments
- 5+ years of estimating experience in the commercial construction industry
- Preference to those with glass and glazing experience
- Associates Degree in a relevant discipline
- Experience with reading and analyzing construction and project management documents
- Example: building plans and specs; contracts; safety codes; budget sheets
- Recognize basic engineering and architectural principles in structures
- Detail oriented
- Strong analytical and math skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Experience using Bluebeam or another estimating software
- Computer literate – competent in Windows, Excel, and accounting and production programs
- Fluent in English
- Organized, responsible, and reliable
- Punctual, committed, and hard working