Curtain Wall Engineering Co-Op
About the Company
Founded in 1982, Anderson Aluminum Corporation has become central Ohio’s largest and most efficient glazing sub-contractor. A single source for some of the area’s largest contractors and developers, Anderson Aluminum provides in-house consulting, engineering, fabrication and installation of architectural glazing and cladding systems. Our experienced team of engineers works closely with architects and contractors to design curtainwalls and other glazing/cladding systems, while our skilled fabricators and glaziers help bring the projects to life. Our technology and equipment is state of the art, and the experience we have gained working on a variety of projects has enabled us to reach the forefront of our industry. We invite you to view a portfolio of our work, which includes some of the country’s largest healthcare and university projects, along with nationally recognized corporate headquarters, and the region’s premier condo, retail, hospitality and entertainment complexes.
Co-Op Engineers work with the Engineering Department to assist in the creation and maintenance of engineering drawing files, building envelopes, fenestration, and other interior and exterior architectural elements, including but not limited to, unitized curtain walls, entrances, punched windows, coping and interior partitions using computer aided design (CAD) software to meet customer requirements and complies with Anderson Aluminum, industry standards, and governmental regulations.
SPECIALIZED POSITIONS WITHIN ENGINEERING
- Design Engineer
- Structural Engineer
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ANALYSIS, PROBLEM SOLVING & DECISION MAKING
- Accurately defines problems as they occur, establishes facts, collects data, draws valid conclusions and ensures the problem is solved and does not reoccur.
- Collaborates with peers to discover ways to streamline the work process.
- Facilitates and assists in analysis and problem solving.
- Acquires technical knowledge of procedures and drafting/engineering standards.
- Proposes technology and equipment improvements to Director of Engineering.
- Learns to read and interpret architectural/structural drawings and documents to determine relevant information for assigned drawings.
- Demonstrates continuous improvement in using CAD technology.
- Incorporates standard parts/components into assigned drawings.
- Produces CAD drawings from sketches, drawings, and/or electronic images.
- Revises drawings based on written and/or verbal direction.
TEAMWORK & COLLABORATION
- Participates in regular project status meetings with the Project Team.
- Works collaboratively with peers to achieve corporate and department goals.
- Complies with the project checklist of tasks to ensure departmental consistency in workflow from start to finish.
- Complies with all scheduling requirements in order to meet project milestones.
- Experience reading and interpreting architectural/structural drawings; i.e. dimensions, symbols, types of lines, scales, views, elevations, plans and sections.
- Recognizes elements and symbols of blueprints, drawings, and specifications.
- Recognizes basic engineering and architectural principles in different types of structures (e.g. poured concrete, steel, etc.)
- Experience completing detailed work accurately.
- Knowledge of drafting standards.
- Expresses thoughts, ideas, and technical information clearly both verbally and written.
- Experienced in using CAD software.
- Experienced using Microsoft Office applications.